Tuesday, April 9, 2013

HOME

Home is a lovely place where you hang your hat and hunker down.  It's a place to relax and just be yourself, to unwind and let loose. You can dance.  You can sing.  You can even do these things in your underwear if you want; unless of course, Mom says no.

Home is where the heart is...or so they say.  I wonder how that translates for people who don't have a home.  On a day like today, it wouldn't be so bad.  The weather was perfect for camping and homelessness.  On a day like tomorrow when umbrellas have been advised, it would be worse.  I don't think the rain would even matter if someone would just talk to me while I am on the street and in the rain.  I have nowhere to hang my hat or hunker down or sing and dance in my underwear, with no Mother to tell me to put some clothes on.

Home is a lovely word if you have one and even more lovely if you don't.

{Authored by an individual who previously experienced homelessness.}

2 comments:

  1. It's a really wonderful and touching post. Very often we take Home for granted and this is just a beautiful reminder of how we must be grateful for what we have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous and thoughtful post. I was checking through the list and found you, there really is 'no place like home"

    ReplyDelete